Are you considering setting up a domain reseller business? In this article, we will show you how to get the cheapest domain reseller package and all other important things to know about domain reselling.
Domain reselling has become one of the top ways to make money online nowadays. However, to make maximum proceeds and profit, domain resellers have to make sure they are on the cheapest domain reseller package. Cheapness, however, is not the only characteristic in choosing what host or domain registrar to be a reseller for. In this article, we will look into all those other factors you should consider.
Let’s dive in.
What is domain reselling?
Domain reselling is the process of purchasing a domain from a registrar with the purpose of reselling to a third party. Domain resellers are not ICANN-accredited registrars. Therefore, they can not sell the domains themselves. However, they resell domain name registration services offered by full domain registrars.
Domain reselling is cheaper to set up as resellers don’t have to buy licenses. These licenses are usually very expensive. They also take a lot of time and complicated processes to get.
Therefore, a domain reseller is not a domain name registrar but someone/a business that resells domain names.
Who can be a domain name reseller?
The opportunity to become a domain reseller is open to any individual or business. Most people and businesses use domain reselling as an entry point into the domain name registration market. This is because of two things: ease and low cost.
Many web design firms, marketing agencies, web design tutors, bloggers, and even popular domain registrars are domain resellers. Essentially, the opportunity is ready for anyone ready to take advantage of it.
Getting started as a domain reseller
Getting started as a domain reseller is far easier than getting your own domain registration licenses. However, there are processes to be followed to set up your domain reselling business. We will detail the process clearly in this section.
To et started as a domain name reseller, you need to take the following steps:
Identify a parent domain registrar providing a reseller plan solution
A parent domain registrar is the domain registrar that will provide reseller services for your business. The parent domain registrar is the company that has secured its license from the relevant authorities. They offer the domain reseller plans and packages for intending domain resellers to sell.
Important factors to look out for when choosing a parent domain registrar include:
- High Uptime: Any web host or domain registrar you are considering to be your parent domain registrar must have a high uptime score. This is to make sure your customers will be able to buy from you whenever they need to. When your parent domain registrar is always available, it makes it easier for your customers to trust.
- Customizable Packages: For starters, you can use the preset packages provided by your parent registrar. However, as your business grows, you will outgrow those plans or need provisions and resources that are not included in the preset package. At this point, the parent registrar should be able to create special offerings for you.
- Reliable Customer Support: Things will not always run 100% smoothly. At the points where you will need technical assistance, your parent registrar’s customer support should be available 24/7 to assist you.
- Regular maintenance: There should be periodic maintenance of the servers and other equipment being used to provide the services in order to reduce the possibility of server crashes.
- Favorable Reviews: Every business will proclaim itself as the best. However, to get the correct judgment of their services, it is better to hear from their customers. So, make sure you check reviews online to know how good your parent domain registrars are.
Once you have used these guidelines to choose a parent domain registrar, you are ready to take the following steps:
- Purchase your preferred domain reseller plan from the available plans provided by your parent registrar
- You will then receive an email containing details including your username, password, and a link to your reseller control panel.
- The domain registrar will assist you in creating packages that you will offer to your clients. They will also create and manage client accounts, monitor their websites, and provide client support.
Where To Get The Cheapest Domain Reseller Package In Nigeria – Truehost Nigeria
Currently, Truehost Cloud is one of Nigeria’s best domain registrars and web hosts in Nigeria. They offer the cheapest and most reliable hosting and domain registration service in Nigeria.
In the same vein, Truehost Nigeria offers the cheapest domain reseller package for individuals and businesses looking to go into domain reselling. Truehost Nigeria offers three main domain reselling packages. They are:
Silver – NGN 7499 / month
This is the first and the cheapest domain reseller package Truehost Nigeria offers. This is the best for people just starting their domain reselling journey out.
The Silver plan includes 50GB disk space, unlimited cPanel accounts, 500GB bandwidth, a free WHCMS billing software as well as a domain reseller account. This plan also includes hosting reselling.
Gold – NGN 10499 / month
This is the second and the second-cheapest domain reseller package Truehost Nigeria offers. This is the best for people who have been in the domain reseller business for a while now and are looking to upgrade. It is however also good for people who are just starting their domain reselling journey but are looking to start on a high note.
The Gold plan includes 100GB disk space, unlimited cPanel accounts, 1TB bandwidth, a free WHCMS billing software as well as a domain reseller account. This plan also accommodates hosting reselling.
Platinum – NGN 29999 / month
This is the third and the most expensive domain reseller package Truehost Nigeria offers. This is the best for people who have been in the domain reseller business for a while now and are looking to upgrade.
The Gold plan includes 150GB disk space, unlimited cPanel accounts, 1.5TB bandwidth, a free WHCMS billing software as well as a domain reseller account. Like all the other plans, this plan also accommodates hosting reselling.
These are the three domain reseller plans Truehost offers and what they hold for you.