When it comes to web service providers in Nigeria there are two giants. In this post, we’ll talk about GoDaddy vs Shopify.
The two are popular service providers in the US and their popularity has been replicated in Nigeria. Before we get into GoDaddy vs Shopify let’s get insights on both platforms.
What is GoDaddy?
GoDaddy is a web service provider based in Scottsdale, Arizona. It provides online tools for small businesses to develop.
Also, it’s one of the popular web service providers in Nigeria today. They are a global leader of:
- Domain registration.
- e-mail hosting.
- website building tools.
- And more essential for businesses of all sizes.
GoDaddy is known globally as an industry-leading web solutions provider. It has over 14 million customers worldwide.
It’s one of the largest hosting providers on the planet. In Nigeria, GoDaddy provides innovative web services at affordable prices.
- Ease of use- To acquire service on GoDaddy is easy and fast.
- Vast services- GoDaddy doesn’t just provide domains only, they have other services.
- Secure- they have implemented the best security measures to safeguard users and their data.
- Affordability- GoDaddy ensures everyone goes online easily.
- Have a good reputation- they have the best services ad have been providing them for a while now.
- Payment options- pay for your services with many methods.
- Numerous bonuses on sign up- GoDaddy has a good way of welcoming newcomers with bonuses.
- Expensive when restoring website data.
- You have to sign up for 3 years to get discounted prices.
- Limited live chat support.
So what is Shopify?
Shopify is a global e-commerce company that was founded in 2004. It is headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Shopify is best known for these services:
- Ecommerce platform.
- Merchant tools.
- Marketing and advertising.
- And more.
- Flexible- set up shop online fast and provide services to all.
- Built-in tools- Shopify has a variety of tools one can use to get online.
- Integrations- it allows one to connect third-party apps to grow their services.
- Cost saver- no transaction cost when using Shopify Purchases.
- Customization- Shopify allows you to make your shop the way you want.
- Some app integrations conflict with the themes available.
- Processing cost is high when you use a third-party app.
- Some countries are not supported by Shopify and one may need to use a third-party payment gateway.
GoDaddy vs Shopify: What they have in common
- Both of them are website builders.
- GoDaddy and Shopify both provide hosting and other web services.
- They have also been operating for a while.
- They offer marketing plans.
- The two also have a trial period of websites building.
GoDaddy vs Shopify: What To Choose In Nigeria
GoDaddy vs Shopify: Ease of use
When it comes to using the two platforms offer a customer-friendly platform. However, Shopify is more intuitive and easy.
This means that Shopify is extensive. Their platform is easy to use despite the trial period. It is built for users with no technical know-how on website creation.
Besides, they have detailed information and guides to help everyone create an online presence. GoDaddy on the other hand is for easy creation.
This means that GoDaddy creates websites for you. Yours is just to edit a few pages and adding some custom features.
Well, when it comes to ecommerce platforms Shopify simplifies everything for you. Helps you create with ease and continue growing your business.
GoDaddy vs Shopify: Marketing
Shopify has a vast variety of tools one can use. Such tools include:
- Campaign creation
- Email marketing
- Google Smart Shopping
- Facebook Ads
- And more.
GoDaddy on the other hand involves useful, efficient, and powerful tools to help your business grow. Such tools include:
- Email marketing
- Social media selling and market places.
- SMS notification.
- Product reviews
- And more.
The two have come up with ways to ensure their clients keep growing. With the two platforms, one is guaranteed to keep growing and reaching out to many.
GoDaddy vs Shopify: Support
Regarding customer issues both GoDaddy and Shopify take initiative. Shopify has live support, 24/7 phone support, social media, emails, and forum.
This means that as a client in Shopify you can reach out to them and get issues solved fast and easily. GoDaddy on the other hand has limited support.
GoDaddy provides support through emails, phone, and live chat which at times isn’t the best. Shopify goes the extra mile by providing extensive support.
You will get guides once you sign up for Shopify. They ensure that your issues are always solved fast and you continue without affecting your business.
GoDaddy vs Shopify: Pricing
Shopify plans start from $29/month. The plans mean that you can sell and grow your small business into an amazing business by reaching out to many.
GoDaddy however their plans start from £6.99/ month (about $8.25). The plans are cheap and affordable and they make sure you launch your idea online fast and easily.
Shopify is a premium store that is dedicated to selling and buying. GoDaddy hands you the tools to help you create the best store.
GoDaddy vs Shopify: Security
Ecommerce has to be secure. Security is a major concern for every transaction online. There are millions of frauds that occur online.
Shopify uses a vulnerability detection policy and SSL to protect your data. GoDaddy on their hand they protect ransomware and blacklisting services and also SSL.
The two platforms ensure that the client is safe from online threats. GoDaddy is more advanced and has the best tools to protect you online.
One has to evaluate the two first. It’s what you need vs what you have. Well, here are some of their alternatives that you can check out.
GoDaddy and Shopify alternatives:
- And more.
GoDaddy vs Shopify: Verdict
The two platforms have integrated various methods to ensure that you succeed online. They also have different plans that everyone can use to grow their businesses.
The two have different options for your business. It’s easy to use any of the two and reach out to many instantly. But which is the best?
Well, it all depends on what you need and what you have. Shopify is a bit expensive but has the right features for your business. GoDaddy is a cheap option but also has more marketing plans for you.