In this article, we will look at two giants of domain registration in Nigeria; Namecheap vs GoDaddy. Well, we all want the best to grow.
Technology is taking part and making growth happen. It is also easing the processes and making transactions safer and fast.
We all need convenience when transacting. With technology and the latest trends, we have eased all these and made businesses prosper.
These days with just your smartphone you can shop and get products from the comfort of your home. We can also sell without a physical shop.
So what does Namecheap vs GoDaddy have to do with this? Well, both help us to establish an online presence and reach out to many.
It’s an ICANN-accredited domain name registrar and a web service provider. Namecheap has been around for a while now.
- And more.
- Many hosting plans- they have more than 3 plans for web hosting.
- Ease of use- everyone can use Namecheap for its responsiveness and ease to use.
- Affordable- they have the best-customized plans for everyone.
- CMS Support- manage your websites with a variety of content management systems.
- Security Tools- offers protection for your data through backup, malware detection tools, and more.
- Integrations- supports many integrations.
- Affordable- their plans are affordable and anyone can use them.
- Security- they have the best tools to protect data.
- Ease of use- makes it easy for anyone to use it.
- Support- have the support team that is readily available to help.
- Their uptime is not that great.
- Have a restriction on shared hosting plans.
It’s the world’s popular domain registrar and web service provider. GoDaddy has made a reputable name for the best services they provide.
- Web hosting.
- Domain transfer and registration.
- SSL certificates.
- Marketing tools.
- And more.
- Domain tools- purchase and transfer domains easily with GoDaddy.
- Website builder- create a website without coding or design skills.
- Web hosting- get your best plan for all your needs.
- Marketing tools- reach out to many fast and easy with their plans of email hosting and more.
- Incredible pricing- get online at affordable pricing.
- Reliability- the company has been up and running for a while and has a good name.
- Payment options- GoDaddy has many options one can choose to pay with.
- Bonuses- on sign up GoDaddy does offer some bonuses.
- Website restoration is expensive at times it’s up to $300.
- No live chat support.
Namecheap vs GoDaddy: What they have in common
- Both are ICANN accredited domain registrars.
- The two provide web hosting services.
- They have a reputation and have been running for a while.
- Also, they are popular and have a vast number of clients.
- Both happen to have offices in Nigeria.
Namecheap vs GoDaddy: Is Namecheap better than GoDaddy?
All the search engines are competing to outrank each other. This is to ensure that they have a high page rank and dominate their market niche.
Both are the best companies providing shared, reseller, and dedicated hosting services for businesses all over the world.
They both provide solutions such as:
- Domain name registrations
- Web Development
- SSL certificates
- And many more.
People s love them because these companies offer easy-to-use services without compromising on the quality and speed needed to deliver top customer satisfaction ratings.
GoDaddy is a company that offers domain registrations, hosting, and other web services. It went public in 2011 and has been growing ever since.
GoDaddy has over 13 million customers from all over the world and serves millions of domains every day. Its aim is to make it easier for small businesses to get their presence online as well as provide solutions such as Hosting services, domain name registrations, website building tools, and more.
GoDaddy offers more than just domain names and website hosting, it also provides other services including SSL certificates, dedicated servers, web design tools, and various online marketing plans.
Namecheap on the other hand was founded 8 years ago. Its aim is to become a truly international domain registration service provider offering technical support in all languages spoken.
Apart from being an international domain registrar Namecheap also offers features like site:
- Malware removal
- Security plugin protection
- And others
This makes it worth considering especially as your general host too if you are not ready to start up your own web server yet.
Things you should know before you get into Namecheap vs GoDaddy
Domain name availability and renewal
Either NameCheap or GoDaddy does not imply ownership of the domain. Rather it implies you are benefiting from domain services provided by an individual who owns a given domain and agreed to share its use with you for a pre-agreed period.
Make sure you check on the prices especially renewals since they tend to be more than the purchase. They may differ slightly but they are all within the same range (e.g 28 – 30 Naira per year).
Some unreliable users have reported issues such as slow page loads and speed. One will only get these sorts of problems if all your files are not Cached by Google.
The only way to avoid this issue is never to delete your own backlinks!
Some Nigerian users have experienced difficulty in getting their domains unlocked. However, most get resolved through a customer support ticket or the support forum.
Namecheap has an active support forum where people can post questions and get them answered by the staff or other users.
In addition, there are tutorials to help you out with many of the things you may encounter when using their hosting services.
GoDaddy also has a support forum, but it seems very inactive. However, they do still offer live chat customer service.
One thing to note about Namecheap is that they offer free live chat customer service! This means you can get help faster if you’re having a problem and don’t feel like waiting for a response.
What’s the difference between GoDaddy and Namecheap domains?
The two are the most popular web hosting and registration of domains in Nigeria. Namecheap registers offer a variety of domain names registered.
The .com in Namecheap starts from $ $8.88 per year, while GoDaddy charges about $1.17 per year for their .com domain. GoDaddy has much affordable .com domains than Namecheap.
GoDaddy vs Namecheap: Which Is Best In Nigeria
When it comes to Domains, they have competitive pricing. Well here is the pricing:
Namecheap is affordable. Well, GoDaddy does have promotions on purchases made especially on those that are more than a year.
Namecheap takes the win for the cheap domains.
Namecheap vs GoDaddy: Support
GoDaddy is resourceful. While even without reliable live chat GoDaddy makes sure their client always get help when they have issues.
Namecheap on the other hand is simple. It offers you the best help for everyone to make sure that you can go live instantly.
Both have good plans on helping their clients make it online. However, GoDaddy is extensive in providing the best help. GoDaddy takes the win on Support.
GoDaddy is not just a domain registrar and web hosting company. It also provides other services, it makes your business grow easily.
When it comes to Namecheap it provides more tools. This means that they both provide the best features for an online presence.
GoDaddy takes the win with extensive features like marketing tools and more. GoDaddy also helps you make it in the business industry.
Namecheap vs GoDaddy: Performance
GoDaddy does it fall when it comes to performance. It has reliable service and a score of 99.99% of uptime service.
Namecheap is a bit left behind by GoDaddy with 99.9%. Well, for this reason, GoDaddy takes the win for the performance and reliability.
Well, when it comes to Namecheap vs GoDaddy it’s best you know what you want first. Having the best plan in mind will help you figure out which is the best.